6.03.2004

Here's a quote by Einstein which explains why I'm not going to vote for Bush.
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."

These quotes are like a bible for me. It's a way to take the foggy ideas in my head and use somebody else's brain to condense them into useable principles. Here's another good one.
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth."
- Umberto Eco

I guess my version of religion is hope through witty, slightly anti-cynical quotes.
"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it."
- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
So the meaning of life isn't "ignorance is bliss" For me it's more about which things to look at instead of how to look at a predetermined set of things.

Here's a nice 2500 year old quote about women that still rings true...
"My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates (470-399 B.C.)

I never really asked my dad for much advice, thanks Socrates.

OK I found my own personal version of hell. Explained with a quote...
"To sit alone with my conscience will be judgment enough for me."
- Charles William Stubbs

Now I need to find a new definition of heaven... I think it's going to need to relate to mortality and justice.