4.04.2004

Laughter - A movement (usually involuntary) of the muscles of the face, particularly of the lips, with a peculiar expression of the eyes, indicating merriment, satisfaction, or derision, and usually attended by a sonorous and interrupted expulsion of air from the lungs.

Got version 0.1 of my code working. I realized I can use it to make my job easier but I'm now stuck wondering how to make it useful. I think my first test is going to be defining humor. If humor or wit can be defined then the only thing preventing software from making us laugh is its lack of cultural knowledge. That's where my tool comes in. If I had the time, I'd give it a knowledge of phonics. In the mean time I'm going to attach it to a thesaurus so it can begin to define ideas based on contrast.

Business case studies work by extracting high level logic from a set of circumstances which hopefully stick with the reader and can later be applied to other problems with similar factors. It would be nice if my web bot could crawl through case studies, leeching out business logic and applying it to entreprenurial problems. I guess I want to build an E-Consultant. The hard part is making something aware of the structure of a page. We use the neural nets that are our brains to pick out the relevant pieces of a web page, my tool isn't that smart yet.

Humor - The ability to perceive, enjoy, or express what is amusing, comical, incongruous, or absurd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home