4.24.2004

You are currently using 27 MB (3%) of your 1000 MB
Most people thought that this was an April fools joke by Google. It's not. I received an invite to be a beta tester today and signed up. Yahoo offers 6 Megabytes free. Google offers 1000. That's pretty amazing. There are a lot of interesting theories going around about a massive supercomputer responsible for the 166 fold increase in storage capacity. I've always felt that datamining is going to be huge when the technology is there to handle it. I guess my theory is that if an application is limited by modern hardware then it's probably doing something important. You can send files up to 10MB to yourself on Gmail so it could be used for MP3 storage. They also have a nice little system where you can hilite important messages which are copied to a "starred" folder. I can't find any settings to enable pop access which would be really nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home