10.12.2004

Better than google, Costume, New blog software

I found myself doing something repeatedly without even realizing it was becoming a habit. Get your mind out of the gutter, I'm talking about using a combination of google and blogs for research. When I want to learn about something I google search for "blog monkey" for example which gives a very interesting list of responses. I think one of the most interesting quotes about the Internet and its use for research comes from Matthew Austern: "Of course, the best way to get accurate information on Usenet is to post something wrong and wait for corrections" I think blog comments work the same way, same goes for the moderation system over at slashdot.

There is a new jacket in development that promises to end the suffering of animals used in the production of leather clothing. "Using a biodegradable polymer as a base, the team coated it with 3T3 mouse cells to form connective tissue and topped it up with human bone cells in the hope of creating a stronger layer of skin. The jacket is being grown inside a specially designed bioreactor that acts as a surrogate body. The group hopes that once the polymer degrades, a whole jacket that maintains its shape and integrity will be left behind."

Here's a hypothetical discussion:
Random Halloween Partygoer: "Cool jacket, what's it made of?"
Me: "Me."

I'm thinking of switching blog software. Blogger is plagued by performance and other issues that are starting to get on my nerves. I'm looking at Word Press, movable type, Radio Userland or possibly just writing my own blog software in PHP or ASP.net. Now that mono is out and .Net is legitamately cross platform I won't feel guilty going that route though PHP is better able to handle MySQL in my hairy opinion. Suggestions welcome.

Next time: Mososo, Camera phones with FLAC support.

21 Comments:

Blogger jiri said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

10:17 PM  
Blogger cc Infopage said...

Hello,

I am searching around for fresh information
for my cc Infopage, 30,000 Information Pages about all kind of subjects.

It might interest you to know that your blog has been visited and has been read. I hope you enjoy "Blogging" as much as I do.

I wish you all the luck I can, go on and keep the good work going!

Kind regards,
Jos
http://www.infopage.cc

1:28 AM  
Blogger Bruce Riddell said...

Hi there.....

Visited your nice blog today. It is very Interesting......

I have a blog that focuses on MARKETING SOFTWARE.

Do you know what the hottest new blog marketing titles are? Vist my blog to find out!

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blast your Ad to 13,000+ Real Blog Sites!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Dominicans resources said...

::FREE BLOGS AND FREE WORDPRESS BLOG HOSTING - CREATE UNLIMITED BLOGS NOW ALL FREE ::

Free blogging for business hosting speicalist

7:38 AM  
Blogger WDM Info Services said...

Have you listed your blog in a blog directory?

"blog debonair" is what I used to find your blog on google

blog debonair

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And A Link Back To Your Web Site Excite You?

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog enjoyed it :)

Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!
!

10:02 AM  
Blogger WDM Info Services said...

I like your blog, I found it looking for spanking blog. Could you add it to my favourite blog directory please. It has lots of blogs relating to spanking blog

11:01 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hey,

Very nice blog and some interesting posts. Have a look at my new bit torrent site called - Mininova -

Thanks

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you would just take your time to know your way around, you could discover

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RSS Announcer instantly and automatically submits your RSS feeds

4:27 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word halloween, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just visit 3 Marketeers Productions LLC and fill out the short form, you'll be able to unsubscribe anytime

8:54 AM  
Blogger lovetips2006 said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is a lot of useful information about turnkey website in it. We offer Turnkey Websites and Reliable Hosting. We also provide a blogging service that will help your site get indexed fast and keep the search engines visiting your site. Click here for more information about turnkey website.
Thank you
TWP Admin

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've put up a site related to window hosting its only been up a couple of days. and i'm still scouting around for information and articles that may be suitable for some of my window hosting pages. Your window hostingblog seems to be a good idea, I doubt if my window hosting site will become as popular... but I suppose that depends on me finding those window hosting articles.... A well, on with my journey - thanks for reading, hope to see you on my window hosting site.

Take care
Steward.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

Just thought I would check out your blog.
I am new to blogging. I hope you don't mind me posting to your blog. If you are interested in checking out my blog and making a post that would be great.

I have a hosting unix web site/blog. It pretty much covers ##WEB HOSTING## related stuff.


Thanks,
Ed

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Effexor zyprexa bipolar Boating cards Digital printing system buspirone+hcl Samsung a310 cellphone mci call centers memphis farmers insurance lawsuit Adjusting crossovers car amplifiers Big tit round ass com Digital camera review steve One a day vitamins weight

2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info film editing schools

11:35 PM  
Blogger Roberto Iza said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home