12.27.2003

New blog name so I don't feel guilty about creating another abandoned blog.

I've been working on a new project. I'm helping design a new open source driving simulator. It's a huge challenge because of the many areas of expertise that are involved in making it work. We have 74 people signed up to help and I'm a project manager.

The trickiest part is going to be the management of this project. Driving simulators, as strange as it sounds, have been a passion of mine for the better part of a decade. This project is a test for me. Do I have what it takes to create something from scratch and make it a success? If so I'll have a lot more confidence and experience creating a business.

I'm a strange animal. I score very high on standardized tests but I don't do very well in school. Does that mean I have a short attention span or does it mean I'm lazy? I hope it's not the latter. I think I'm just waiting to find something I love to do. Right now I'm doing it with this simulator but I'm not being paid.

I have a hell of a lot to learn but I'm so wrapped up in the fact that I have so much to learn that I have trouble with confidence. Even if I pick a line of work and become the best at what I do, I'll inevitably have a lot to learn even then. So how do you know when you're successful? I think my definition of success needs a lot of fine tuning.

Making money honorably and still having time to spend it is a good definition. Finding somebody compatible to spend my time with might be another good definition. They tell me that if you can't be happy alone then you shouldn't be in a relationship in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home